Here are a few of the ways you can serve this summer: 1. Volunteer at a Service Day; 2. Deliver meals for our meal program; 3. Arrange for you or a group of you and your friends to come out and do a special project… just call the office for such arrangements.
- Weed removal & pruning of bushes
- Clearing an overgrown area by Cypress Cove to lay down grass seed
- Sanitizing playground equipment
- Cleaning windows of all buildings
- Clean walls in Eagle Lodge
- Shopvac Eagle Lodge Wood Shop & Storage Areas
- Dust Soffit in Gym
- Powerwash Annexes & Shelters & Docks
Projects that need funded (can be done by volunteers):
- Paint Picnic Tables
- Seal picket fences around toddler playground & Lakeview Lodge
- Bridgeview Dorm bedrooms painted (need experience)
- Deans Quarter’s renovations (need experience)
- Reside blue garage (need experience)
- Dining Hall painted
- Bathrooms & Spring & Winter rooms painted in Main Building (need experience)
- Clean out Cypress Cove
- Steel Tent Wall repainted (need experience)
Projects that need funded (need to be done by professionals):
- Gym walls recarpeted
- Chapel Restroom vanities replaced
- Dining Hall ceiling
- Blue House Basement – $8,500
- Blue House siding – $9,000
2020 Fall Service Days – TBD!
We will meet in the main dining hall. Workdays always start at 8:30am (coffee and cinnamon rolls will be served). Lunch will be at noon and is provided by LSCA.
Meal Delivery – On Monday’s, Wednesday’s, and Friday’s we need help delivering gifted meals to families. Each volunteer needs to arrive to LSCA by 4:45pm with a mask and will take meals (using their own car) to 2 or 3 different families. This is roughly an hour to an hour and a half time commitment. If you are interested, email email@example.com.
Volunteer Summer Kitchen Help – this is arranged through our governing churches. Please contact the camp representative at your church if you are interested in participating in this. (This is not the same program as Scholarship Kitchen Help for campers – please see the registration page for that).
Summer Camp Faculty – Please download the faculty guidelines below. If you are under 18 and have been”recruited” by a dean to help at camp, the office must have a completed “Counselor Questionairre” on file before the session starts. Please receive this document from the Dean. It must be completed on both sides and signed by a parent / guardian. You will also need to fill out the online questionairre for background checks. We will not run one, but this will allow us to send a link to you for the abuse prevention training. If you are an adult, the dean will provide a link to you to fill out the application/background check online. You will also receive a link for an online course on abuse prevention that must be completed. Thank you for helping us make this a safe place for the campers. ALL FACULTY must fill out the online questionaire for the background check AND complete the abuse prevention training. This training does cover very intense subject matter. If you do not feel you can complete the training, than we will be unable to allow you to be faculty.
First Aid Providers – If you are a medical professional (RN, CNA, EMT, DR, etc.) and would like to provide first aid service to our campers for a week of camp, we would love your help. Please call Kerma in the office at 217-529-2625.