The Office Assistant shall be responsible for providing assistance to the Camp Manager and Program Manager in the routine areas of the Camp Office. The Office Assistant will work closely with the Program Manager, but will be directly responsible to the Camp Manager.
As a front office person, the Office Assistant is a key person in LSCA public relations, often being the first one to greet people entering or calling the camp. This position is also considered “Program Staff” and will include assisting in all non-life guarding program roles.
Summer Camp Related Responsibilities
· Monitor Camper Registrations on computer and address questions from parents.
· Direct & assist with the Camper Registration process at check- in.
· Schedule and communicate as needed with adult volunteer kitchen helpers. Try to get the name & address of each adult kitchen volunteer; follow-up their day of work with a “thank you” note.
· Routine office work such as: typing, copying, correspondence and answering phone as needed.
· Assist in morning dorm bathroom cleaning.
· Assist summer volunteer faculty with making copies and other needs.
· Count and record daily mission offering.
· Check Chapel restrooms, restock and tidy as necessary.
· Collect outgoing mail and take to mailbox prior to pick-up time daily.
· See that phone messages are distributed appropriately and timely.
· Assist with camper checkout on last day/evening of each session.
· Maintain a neat, clean, and efficient office as this is a highly visible PR area.
· Maintain neat and clean entryway and hallways in the Chapel Complex.
· “On Call” with program staff responsibilities one or two times per week.
· Maintain organization of ball storage room.
· Assist visitors as necessary.
- Help in Kitchen at assigned times and get appropriate Food Handlers Certification (paid by LSCA).
· Other duties as assigned.
Staff/Office Assistant 2021