We are raising funds for this project. If you would like to assist financially, click on the appropriate button above. Thank you for considering partnering with LSCA.
In May of 2017, with almost unanimous governing church board approval, LSCA entered into a 3 year contract for deed for the property adjacent to the camp on the north side. This was formerly know as 1524 Lick Creek Lane or the old Troopers Lodge. It is now called Cypress Cove, because of the Cypress tree grove that grows on the property. Featuring 2.5 acres, some timber, additional waterfront with amazing docks and beach area, this addition has already allowed LSCA to increase and improve summer camp programming.
- As the programs for LSCA expand, so does our need for space. With the addition of this property, we have grown from 16 summer camp programs to 25 summer camp programs. This provides more opportunities for guests and campers to enjoy creation and most importantly, encounter the Creator.
- LSCA will be the only lease holder on Lick Creek Lane.
- Lives are changed at camps and retreats.
VISION FOR CYPRESS COVE
- Versatile year round meeting facility that has a rustic cabin appeal, includes creation studies (local ecosystems and wildlife), provides meeting area for adventure campers and guest groups
- Increased water focused activities
- Increase adventure camps and experiential learning opportunities
- Eventual addition of overnight experiences for family adventures or other groups of people
DETAILS OF PURCHASE
- 2.5 acres on Lake Springfield, adjacent to existing LSCA property
- Contract price: $375K
- Terms: 3 year contract for deed at 3% interest, 20 year amortization, 3 year balloon
- Paid $100K down with signed contract in May 2017
- Minimum monthly payment to pay off in 3 years: $9000
HOW CAN YOU HELP
- Commit to praying for LSCA
- Volunteer to serve at LSCA
- Partner financially with a one time gift or a monthly commitment
To give online (monthly or one time): Follow this link
To give via check, please make your check payable to “LSCA”, send to 1674 Lick Creek Lane, Chatham, Illinois 62629, and specify that it is designated for our Land Acquisition Fund