LSCA offers need based Scholarships and the Scholarship Kitchen Help program for campers in High School. Please read below.
Need Based: It is the desire of the LSCA staff, board and churches that every child has the opportunity to attend a life-changing session of camp. If you have a special need of financial assistance with camp tuition, please contact your local church to inquire if they have such funds available. LSCA also offers a limited amount of scholarship funds made available through faithful supporters of the camp. Please fill out the following form to request a financial scholarship for your summer camper. Please include name of camper, the camp they want to attend, the reason you want this assistance, and how much you can contribute. (Forms that do not address these will not be considered):No Fields Found.
Scholarship Kitchen Help
Perhaps you’ve heard or even worked as a Scholarship Kitchen Helper at camp. It’s a great way to earn $180.00 scholarship towards your week of High School or Niners camp, plus help make camp a great place for a group of kids and adults. If you work in the kitchen during a session of camp your camp session will be reduced by $180. In order for you to qualify, you must be at least 14 years old or going into your freshman year of school.
This year we will be using 3 Scholarship Kitchen Helpers each week. You will be working with our assistant cooks and dining hall steward. The basic job description is listed below. If you are interested in working this summer, please fill out the online application for this program during the online registration process. Applications are considered on a first come, first served basis. Please complete by May 15th. You will be contacted by May 31st if you have been selected to work. Unfortunately, due to the popularity of this program, not everyone who applies will be accepted.
Scholarship Kitchen Helpers Responsibilities
- Set up Cleaning Stations in Dining Hall for each meal.
- Be responsible for washing the dishes, silverware, glasses, etc. after each meal.
- Sweep and mop dining, cooking, & storage areas at least once a day.
- Help set out food items before each meal.
- Sweep dining hall floor after each meal.
- Wash & disinfect tables after each meal.
- Keep ice machine stocked and unclogged during meals.
- Clean-up spills during meal times (mop if necessary).
- Strain garbage buckets after each meal & wash buckets.
- Assist in canteen when requested.
- Arrive at camp by 2:30pm to assist during registration on first day of session.
- Adhere to camp rules as written in camp brochure.
- Be in dorms at camper’s lights out time unless special permission given by Camp Manager.
- Respectfully attend each evening camp fire
- SKH Campers are not permitted to leave LSCA
- Typical work hours are 7:30AM – 9:30AM; 11 :30AM – 2:00PM and 4:30PM – 7:00PM
Kitchen helpers will stay in the dorms unless other arrangements are made prior to arriving at camp.